Standard Operating Procedures
SECTION 1: Purpose of Odin
- Purpose of Odin:
- Designated under callsign Odin.
- Odin is the main administrative element of the Server.
- Odin fills both an overall supportive role for maintaining game flow, and referee role for mediating player disputes and ensuring compliance to rules/SOPs for a fair play environment.
- Odin may act as 'Battalion Command' holding rank over all Company leadership where they feel it necessary for maintaining the health of the server and overall enjoyment of players.
SECTION 2: Operations
- Liberation Server Duties:
- Manage gameplay and ensure players are abiding by server rules and SOPs.
Limit involvement with AI:
- Avoid spawning AI unnecessarily including single or group compositions.
- Avoid 'Remote Controlling' AI to directly harm players.
- Odin's role is never to 'beat' the players at the game especially since they hold unequal situational awareness. They act as impartial Game Masters to the best of their ability to ensure an ample and enjoyable challenge without it feeling hopeless.
- Odin will need to step in when necessary to fix issues with AI, such as removing vehicles that are stuck or "glitched". This will often be performed 'off-screen' to players, though this may not always be possible.
Respond to player calls (Pings) in a timely manner:
- Multiple outstanding Pings may occur at once, players and Odins should seek to work through these requests in an orderly fashion. cTab texting or a general side chat post may help catch Odin attention in these situations.
- If a slotted Odin expects to be away from keyboard (AFK) for an extended period, they should announce this and their return on global side chat or similar.
Odins must respond to each request with appropriate care and professionalism following internal guidelines.
- If conflict arises beyond this, Odins and/or players must escalate to Community Staff (CS) for mediation.
- Odin may at their discretion replace or provide Assets. This should primarily be done to address glitches from the game or for the running of an Op/Odin-lead content, and should take into account maintaining overall balance of economy and current Company resources/map progress.
- Training Server Duties:
If conducting PvP, Odins must manage players closely and address any issues at the lowest level before escalating.
- Odins must ensure they develop and brief participation rules and regulations with players prior.
- If a positive play environment cannot be maintained, then any such PvP must be stopped immediately.
If conducting a live Target Range, ensure this is announce on the proper nets and ensure the map is marked accordingly and a Long Range frequency where participants can make contact.
- Odins must ensure they develop and brief Range rules and regulations with participants before entering the Range.
- Once the Range goes cold, ensure all AI, Vehicles, etc are removed and the Range is clear.
- If the map time was changed, ensure time is set to day (ideally midday/morning for clear visibility) unless told otherwise by CS.
- If running an event, Odins should start and end event reminders (e.g. Discord Events) accordingly.
SECTION 3: Disclaimer
Odin members are volunteers selected for their ongoing commitment to the community and interest in maintaining and building the health of the game as a whole.
- CS may post occasionally seeking applications for Odin positions in relevant News channels in the Discord.
Odins are people too, they may make mistakes. If you would like to reach out about the conduct of an Odin, message a Community Staff member directly with as much info about the situation as you can.
- Odins are also players of the game too, if an Admin is playing not in an Odin slot then players must be understanding that requests may take more time to respond to. Admins and Players should seek to balance handling these requests when time and situation allows.
- Verbally attacking an Odin or Player is never acceptable and any such conflict should be immediately be escalated to a CS.