Standard Operating Procedures
Last date update: 6/26/2023
SECTION 1: Purpose of Butcher
Purpose of Butcher:
- Designated under callsign Butcher.
Butcher is a mechanized vehicle element, which applies to the following vehicles:
- M-113 ACAV (XM182
- M-113A1 ACAV (XM182)
- M-48A3 Patton MBT
- M-551 Sheridan
Butcher is a three-crew member element encompassing:
- Vehicle Commander (1IC)
- Vehicle Gunner (2IC)
- Vehicle Driver
SECTION 2: Operations
- Butcher must monitor 031.000 Long-range net.
- Butcher does not have to be attached to an Assassin squad but must be attached to a Platoon and operates inside that Platoons area of operation.
Butcher assets require Platoon Leader x-6 or x-7 to deploy to the field.
- Butcher falls under the direct command of Platoon Leaders.
- Butcher can be tasked to engage a Battlegroup in a separate Area of Operations but must be accompanied by at least 1 Assassin squad or Harpy unit before engaging that Battlegroup.
- Butcher assets can be attached to an assassin squad (x-1/x-2/x-3/x-4) by the respective PL.
An infantry squad’s attached vehicle is to be tasked in tandem with the infantry.
Butcher commander can accept, prioritize, or deny requests based on their capabilities to support the current attached squad.
- Butcher Commander can accept or deny a Squad Leader's request if it will jeopardize the asset.
- Butchers are not authorized to be attached to a squad without an active Squad Leader.
- Butcher assets will need to remain within a reasonable distance in order to quickly support its infantry squad.
- Butcher commander can accept, prioritize, or deny requests based on their capabilities to support the current attached squad.
- Butcher assets require 2 crew members before deploying and receiving tasking.
Butcher's chain of command begins with the vehicle Commander is in charge of all souls onboard and its operations.
- In a 2 crewmember, this responsibility falls to the Gunner.
- All targets must be properly identified (PID) and determine if its a threat (IFF) before engaging. This is the responsibility of every crewmember onboard.
- All crewmembers are responsible for the safety of the vehicle to include navigating over terrain, avoiding IEDs, and correctly positioning the vehicle for combat/support.
- Engaging civilian infrastructure with explosive ordinance is strictly prohibited unless cleared by Platoon Leader.
SECTION 3: Disclaimer
- 2 strikes equals a loss of Butcher Crew permissions.
- Any player can refuse an order given if it will cause them to break SOPs. (if this scenario occurs remind the parties involved of the SOP in a tactful manner. If needed reach out to an Admin to help mediate)
- This server is an infantry-first combined arms experience, all Assets are in support of the infantry experience.
- The intent of Butcher is to support the infantry and not to singlehandedly dominate the battlespace.
There is no set distance that a Butcher asset must remain alongside a squad given terrain. However, Butcher must be able to react and quickly respond to a squad.
- If a Butcher asset fails to respond in a timely manner, Admin will take note of such situations and consider punitive actions.
- Crew dismounting an armored asset to avoid AI attacks is considered meta gaming.