Standard Operating Procedures
SECTION 1: Purpose of Artillery
Purpose of Artillery:
- Designated under callsign Savage.
- Artillery is a support element that contributes to infantry assaults and objective suppression.
- Artillery is not self dependent and requires to be given authorized tasking from Platoon TACPs.
Platoon Leaders can task Savage if there is no Platoon TACPs slotted as long as there is a designated Forward Observer.
- Possible Forward Observers: Platoon TACPs, Phantom, Platoon Leaders, Squad Leaders, Sensor Operator.
- Phantom Darter2i (drone) may be used as a forward observing tool for savage fire missions.
- MQ-9 Reaper drone may be used as a forward observing tool for savage fire missions.
SECTION 2: Use of Artillery Assets
Use of Artillery Vehicles:
Artillery Operators must monitor Long Range Artillery Direction net 080.000 and Short Range 040.000.
- All fire missions will be coordinated through Platoon TAD net 081.000, 082.000.
- The Platoon TACPs and artillery operators are responsible for minimizing collateral damage to civilian infrastructure when deploying indirect fire.
All HE fire missions within 200m of civilian infrastructure or friendly positions require authorization from Platoon Leader.
- Smoke fire missions only require clearance within 100m from civilian infrastructure or friendly positions.
82mm mortars require a two-man team to deploy to the field.
- Range for danger close missions for the 82mm is 100 meters.
- Artillery can provide suppression fire under direct order from Platoon Leader.
Counter Battery Operations:
- Counter Battery can be conducted without limitations but Savage must communicate on proper TAD net that counter battery is taking place.
- Artillery Operators must monitor Long Range Artillery Direction net 080.000 and Short Range 040.000.
SECTION 3: Calling for support
When receiving an artillery fire mission expect the following radio etiquette:
- Location of target (Grid reference, map markers)
- Target type (be as specific as possible)
- Munitions type
- Distances to nearest friendlies or civilian targets
- Readback for Confirmation
- When receiving an artillery fire mission expect the following radio etiquette:
SECTION 4: Disclaimer
- Any player can refuse an order given if it will cause them to break SOPs. (if this scenario occurs remind the parties involved of the SOP in a peaceful manner. If needed reach out to an admin to help mediate)
- Operating the MN230 VLS (Cruise Missile) requires forward observer Phantom (only), utililizing drone ( Darter2i) for laze of target.
- When conducting CFF mission utilizing CBU rounds, danger close is considered 300m and requires approval.
- This server is an infantry-first combined arms experience, all Assets are in support of the infantry experience.
- Squad Leaders are able to task Savage if there is no Platoon TACPs/Platoon Leader slotted.
- For missions approved by TACPs/Platoon Leader, Squad Leaders may be used to adjust fire.
- Purpose of Artillery: