Standard Operating Procedures
SECTION 1: Purpose of Butcher
Purpose of Butcher:
- Designated under callsign Butcher.
Butcher is a mechanized vehicle element, which applies to the following vehicles:
- M2A2/3 Bradley variants
- M6A2 Linebacker variants
- HMMWV TOW variants
- M1 Abrams variants
- *LAV-25 (Gunner position only)
Butcher is a three-crew member element encompassing:
- Vehicle Commander (1IC)
- Vehicle Gunner (2IC)
- Vehicle Driver
- Each Platoon will have the support of 2 Butcher assets.
SECTION 2: Operations
- Butcher will monitor 031(2).000 Long Range
- Butcher assets require x-6 or x-7 to deploy to the field.
Butcher assets must be attached to a squad by the respective PL.
In the event that a separate squad without a Butcher asset requires immediate response, the call for attachment/aid needs to go through PL.
- Butcher commander can accept, prioritize, or deny requests based on their capabilities to support the current attached squad.
- In the event that a separate squad without a Butcher asset requires immediate response, the call for attachment/aid needs to go through PL.
An infantry squad’s attached vehicle is to be tasked in tandem with the infantry.
- Squad Leaders will have tactical command of the attached under strategic command of the PL.
- Butcher Commander can accept or deny a Squad Leader's request if it will jeopardize the asset.
- Vehicles are not authorized to be attached to a squad without an active Squad Leader.
- Butcher assets will need to remain within a reasonable distance in order to quickly support its infantry squad.
- Butcher assets require 2 crewmembers at a minimum to deploy, preferably 3 crewmembers.
Butcher's chain of command begins with the vehicle Commander is in charge of all souls onboard and its operations.
- In a 2 crewmember, this responsibility falls to the Gunner.
- All targets must be properly identified (PID) and determine if its a threat (IFF) before engaging. This is the responsibility of every crewmember onboard.
- All crewmembers are responsible for the safety of the vehicle to include navigating over terrain, avoiding IEDs, and correctly positioning the vehicle for combat/support.
- Engaging civilian infrastructure with explosive ordinance is strictly prohibited unless cleared by PL or 6-6.
SECTION 3: Disclaimer
- 2 strikes equals a loss of Butcher Crew permissions.
- Any player can refuse an order given if it will cause them to break SOPs. (if this scenario occurs remind the parties involved of the SOP in a tactful manner. If needed reach out to an Admin to help mediate)
- This server is an infantry-first combined arms experience, all Assets are in support of the infantry experience.
- The intent of Butcher is to support the infantry and not to singlehandedly dominate the battlespace.
There is no set distance that a Butcher asset must remain alongside a squad given terrain. However, Butcher must be able to react and quickly respond to a squad.
- If a Butcher asset fails to respond in a timely manner, Admin will take note of such situations and consider punitive actions.
- Butchers Commanders must be able to prioritize calls for support from squads and confirm with PLs before detaching. Squad leaders must also be notified of attaching/detaching actions.